Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

A busy Saturday

I'm officially back from my non-vacation to Greece so I guess I should start acting like I'm in town.

Today there's a lot on the agenda. Breakfast with J's work buddy Bob (the anti-relationship guy.) I liked Bob the first time I met him. He told this "great" story about how when he moved his family back to the US from South Africa the funny folks on Air France thought it would be funny to tell him that both the family dog and the bird they were transporting had died in flight. I'm not really sure where someone begins to think that something like that might be funny - but it really wasn't. When they landed in Paris Bob made the folks show him the dog and the bird. For some odd reason every Air France manager was on the tarmac to apologize and make sure Bob was happy. (This happened years and years ago, I'm sure by now they know it isn't funny.)


After breakfast, we are running to my house to pick up some stuff (i.e. my desk and the crock-pot.) A trip to the grocery store is in order as we're bringing 20 pounds of mashed potatoes to a harvest party at Becky's. (20 pounds pre-cooked.) Later this afternoon, while Sleep Country replaces the torn box spring on the brand new bed that J purchased I'll be peeling and boiling potatoes.

Tonight we're going to dinner with our friends Doug & Chelsey. (Are they friends...are they family? They are both.) Anywho Chelsey's parents are coming into town and we're all gathering to celebrate some big news.

Last night, J and I went on a date. We went to SIP in Issaquah for wine, cheese and a yummy dinner and too much desert. He's great for me, as we split the appetizer and the entree. We couldn't decide on which desert to order so we got two, but didn't eat half of either. The leaded coffee was a bad idea, but it tasted GOOD.

So, this day is underway... Bob awaits at the Kirkland Pancake House, so off I go.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

The French apparently find Jerry Lewis hilariously funny, so this could explain why they found it amusing to tell someone his pets were dead.

How was your non-trip to un-Greece?

(Word verification="pence." How was your non-trip to un-Britain?)