Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Last day

Today marks the last day of my non-vacation. I spent the weekend at my parents with J. He got to meet the relatives and help Mom and Dad with some needed household things.

We managed to visit a couple of wineries in Prosser, Kestral and Airfield. My college chum Flint is the wine maker at Kestral, but he was not around when we arrived. Airfield was fun the sampler people had a lot of energy and made the experience a hoot.

We bought lots of wine at both places.

Today we're running errands, getting me a bus pass (because I am actually going to work this month) getting the cars washed and a few minor things for around the condos.

I am woefully behind on my bookclub book and fear that I'll be the one that doesn't finish it, even though I've been off for a week. Starting the daily commute will help I'm sure.


I'm still in a good place (mentally) about the job situation. If (when) I get laid off the severance will be enough to survive for a while without much worry. Don't fret about the tp gal, she will land on her feet!

Happy Columbus Day!

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Man - I soooo get where you are mentally with the job thing. I was laid off in May, and just started working again in September... so my severence package was decent, and I was able to be selective in what my next endeavor was to be.

While it's not easy - I am so thankful that you are able to see it coming (I wasn't so lucky with that part) and prepare for what lies ahead.