Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Maybe this will help

Without going into a lot of detail for those of you not subjected to my daily "I'm so in love" emails - it may need to be said that things with J are going extremely well.

We are however settling into a routine that allows for more independent time to pursue our own individual interests while still enjoying each others company. Right now, I'm blogging and he's vacuuming something. I feel no obligation to run into the other room to help.

He has not only met my parents but gone "home" with me for a visit. This was a big deal, most of my best friends have never gone home with me. J was able to spend time with the Aunts and with Uncle Ed. We did the standard TPgal family event where we helped someone around their house. (This time it was my parents.) J and I hit Costco and brought M&D much needed supplies and then puttered around their house. J is technical support for the family (his and now mine) and he installed the new big screen tv.

This weekend we bought a (gasp) new bed. J's set up was more than 10 years old and needed to be refreshed. You are now wondering... are these kids shacking up!? The official answer is "of course not." I have my home and he has his. My place will likely going on the market after the holidays, but for right now I have my own place.

So, we made it to church this morning and somehow I got volunteered (meaning I didn't say no) to teach 6 weeks of Sunday School and to give a 5-7 minute talk during Advent on the "Power of Waiting." Pastor Kirby thinks "my story" is inspirational. Um.. I was angry and sad and finally decided to take control over my life. I'm sure my "speech" will be more than that. I know that my pre-2008 life taught me a lot about how to be really appreciative of the joys of my world. It's not all about the new relationship either...it's about really loving things like being active, feeling attractive, having a sense of direction and ownership over my own destiny.

The Sunday School thing is just wrong. I'm a tad bit too evil to teach Sunday School, but maybe I'll learn something. Maybe there's a life lesson for me.

Work...well, it is pretty bleak. I'm balancing the desire to get laid off with the guilt over not coming anywhere close to my normal level of work ethic. I will be looking for new work, but am likely to hang out and collect a severance check. There's something in the hopper, but no details yet.

Have a great Monday (or Sunday if you're hanging out on line.)

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

Hmm. TP teaching Sunday School.

Yeah, it's going to take me a while to get my brain around that one.