Pages

Monday, January 04, 2010

2009 Year in Review

What happened this year? Not much. HA HA 2009 might best be categorized as the year of change. Not to steal a phrase from the Obama Presidential Campaign… but I’m doing it anyway.

Probably the easiest way is to break it down by month:

January: My team at MegaBank officially dismembered at the end of the month. I tried make their departure as easy as possible, the decision wasn’t mine and I think I fought for them, but the result was the same. I watched the Obama inauguration with happy amazement. Jas and I enjoyed a night away at the Salish Lodge (romantic and wonderful). We also used our MLK day to go to the zoo and watch a gorilla eat her own poop.


February: with my favorite co-workers gone, work is a real bummer. The actual “work” part of is a joke. I’m dragging myself into the office Tuesdays & Thursday’s and hating every minute of being there. I wrote a request to the new boss to say I had time on my hands and he replied by calling me the wrong name. Forget it, I’ll bide my time and plan the wedding thank you very much. Jas and I spend our first Valentine’s day in Denver with family and friends celebrating his dad’s 70th birthday and our engagement. Jas and I have our first dark discussion about the guest list for the wedding. We can’t invite everyone and the stress of it makes me crazy. I officially move out of my condo in Renton and start taking to an agent about putting it up for sale.


March – Life at the bank officially ended on the 27th. Formed my own company and started contracting. Learning to do taxes, B&O oh my. The wedding plans are in full swing. We have a caterer, and are interviewing photographers. We bought a wonderful new camera and are having fun with it. I almost cut my finger off on St. Patrick’s Day. My condo is officially for sale as of the 28th. Started new working gig on Monday the 30th.


April – Received a more than full price offer for the condo on April fool’s day. We took a long weekend in Napa and Sonoma which was fun in spite of the fact that we got the oldest grandpa car at the rental car agency. We spent Easter in Denver and I attended my first ever Catholic mass. (Very pleased that the holy water didn't burn my skin.)


May - the condo closed and I officially live with Jason. We head to Indiana for a week with Jason’s aunt the Nun in a convent. It was surprisingly fun. We explored Parke County (a place I’ve wanted to see for a while.) We found a house we loved and made an offer. We finagled and got our hopes up but no deal. SAD SAD SAD


June - life is busy this month. Lots of wedding things – finishing the registries, the invitations are assembled and addressed, we keep running into friends at the mall (perhaps we’re at the mall too much) We headed to Granger to celebrate Dad’s 70th birthday. (How odd that both of our dads are the same age.) We tried again to get the house in Snoqualmie that we “love” and spend the month waiting for someone to come fall in love with our condo. Yaz throws us a wonderful couple’s shower on a lovely summer night.


July – the Snoqualmie house is officially off the table. It will never be ours and we move on. We spend a busy 4th of July weekend in Long Beach. Head back to Denver twice, once for a funeral and the second time for a wedding shower. The weather went crazy and it was HOT HOT HOT in Seattle. Michael Jackson died… which was the media end of the world.


August – wow, with the wedding a month away it is wedding central in our lives. Details and more details. But also… parties. The official bridal shower, the bachelorette party (bus with drag queens) happens and we work in a weekend away with friends. Jason’s condo gets a real offer!!! We’re moving, but within weeks of the wedding. Who has time to pack? All the wonderful wedding gifts go straight to storage. In San Jose three times this month - traveling is getting old.


September – Jason goes to Vegas with the guys (his two cousins, dad, friend and 2 second cousins) for a fun weekend, I enjoy time alone before the madness starts. We go to visit Mom & Dad the week before the wedding to help put siding on their house. We throw a wedding and it is a blast, then head to Canada for a honeymoon. We put an offer on a house that we LOVE but don’t get it. (heartbreak) We search and search and finally find a new home (never been lived in) that we like and make an offer that is accepted! So, now we have something to do after the wedding.


October We sleep for a week after the honeymoon and then pack and move. The new house is wonderful and we are happy. It's crazy to sum the whole of October up in two lines. The packing was nutty, I'm back and forth to San Jose twice each month... Jason hurts his foot during the move, the doc says it's "sprained."


November – Thanksgiving with my family in eastern Washington. We are still unpacking boxes and getting organized at home, but the world is coming to us in December so we have to get it together. I got a speeding ticket. Jas' foot still hurts, new doctor is in order, turns out... foot has a stress fracture.


December – PARTY CENTRAL. We throw 2 birthday parties, three dinner parties and host Christmas for our parents in our new home. We are planning into 2010 – there will be weekends away and likely an Orlando vacation. We found a new gym and have signed up. Looking forward to it.

No comments: