Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Arts & Crafts

My dream of making a swinging 70's disco outfit for my fella has died. I have cut the fancy white fabric (with a hint of sparkle) into the pattern pieces and after a few hours of pinning, sewing, cussing, cutting the seam out, repinning, and then resewing - I have cobbled together a flowing white monstrosity.

In an effort to not make it too small it is ENORMOUS and shapeless. We've decided to "finish" it, but only to a point and then try to make it something else at Halloween. I'm thinking... clean room janitor for Elton John.

I think it was a gallant effort and I did manage to put a nice neat hem on our new dining table cloth.

The floor is strewn with tiny pieces of threat shrapnel and I've dipped into boxes I haven't seen since before I started shacking up with the dude last September. (Look at me admit I went over for a weekend and never left.)

So, I tried. I don't think it was a total failure, but I'm thankful we ordered a backup plan from super costumes.com or some such place.

No matter. It's the weekend!

Have a good one.

No comments: