Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday

Another nice weekend has come and gone.

Let's get the love stuff out of the way so we can move on. I returned home from San Jose Friday and was greeted with roses, steak and wine. Nice husband! Contrary to popular belief (on facebook) there was no cheating announced nor was there a purchase of a motorcycle or a new computer. This was just my guy being my guy.

Saturday we puttered around the house and managed to open 6 more boxes that have been tucked away into closets. This leaves us with just a few, and many of them are paperwork from years gone by. We are told there will be a "shred" day and we'll bring our aged tax returns and receipts to that super fun event.

Saturday evening we met Doug & Chelsey to view their beautiful new kitchen (remodeled in less than 1 month from demo to completion) and then out to celebrate Jas' birthday. With the handy Costco gift cards in hand (for $79.99 you get two $50 cards) we enjoyed a fun dinner at el Gaucho. Thankfully there was no throwing up on my part this time. I did shy away from the 12 ounce steak but loved my scrumptious prawn and scallop dish. Doug, however, is a MACHINE. He was strongly urged not to get the table side New York strip for two, weighing in at 24 ounces, and instead gobbled the Porterhouse Chop, which weighed in at 24 ounces. WHAT!? Seriously, it was incredible - he ate the whole thing and I'm sure could have gone back for more. He is the guy that steakhouses with the 72 ounce steak challenge hate. You know, eat it in an hour and it's free... he has the certificate from a place in New Zealand to prove it was no match for him. The thing about Doug though, that will piss you off is that he's not huge guy. I mean, he's not a Daddy Warbucks huge dude - he's a healthy looking dude who can EAT MEAT. Impressive.

Anyway... yesterday we put the light blocking shades to work and slept in, skipping church. Then we ventured out to a movie (Sherlock Holmes) which I'm sure I'll get shot for saying was so so. Then we finished our LOST season five marathon and had a home cooked dinner.

We are putting the final touches on the event Saturday and I have a date with Becky Wednesday for lunch and a stop at the party store. I've been cruising the Internet for 70's images (hello Catherine Bach!) and other tasty babes for a 70's vibe at our ShangriLa!

I'm sure the music and costumes will help with the party feel, but I'm sorry I gave up the orange and green afghan.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

Thank God someone finally agrees with me about Sherlock Holmes.