Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

FaceBook Gripe Update

It turns out that I'm not hated but more importantly, I have been schooled in how to turn that "shiz" off!

I'm so very excited that I don't have to read about Greg's Farkle Adventures anymore!

I can spend my time on things of value like "Good Grammar Is Hot!"

The Good Grammar site is funny because I so often get it wrong, but love the snarky comments from the English teachers that have gathered together there. Lord help you if you create a national advertisement and use the wrong form of the word "too", "to" or "two" or don't quite have the "their", "they're" or "there" mastered. In the interest of full disclosure I should mention that I am aware that I have an issue using apostrophes and commas incorrectly. I am trying to work it out.

I would never have the guts to do this but here's an example of Grammar Nazi's going a tiny bit too far. The poster of this picture used her own window chalk to correct the spelling of "You're" and then graded the message, giving it a C-. It is mean and yet funny.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

I don't see the "mean." They should have learned this in third grade. ;-)