Pages

Monday, January 04, 2010

Back in the saddle

It is such a cliche' to vow to head to the gym after New Years, however, I think the excitement of 2009 is winding down and it is something I need and want to do for myself again.

I feel myself expanding out of my jeans and that is not ok. So, back to it. Less bread, more protein, more activity. I also think it is probably a better idea to think of the gym as a place to unwind vs. a weight loss activity. I don't want to get back to stepping on the scale every day, but instead to focus on how my clothes feel and how not-squishy my legs and arms are.

I've essentially been on a 9 month gym hiatus, and am pleased that my weight gain has only been about 10 pounds. (maybe more, haven't checked since before christmas) So, working out again, more water, and less wine is my new state of mind.

I hope that my friend gets out of his walking cast very soon because I'd like him to join me at the gym. I will go alone if I have to. He understands. We've been married for almost four months now, I think it is ok to do a few things on our own. Not too many mind you...

No comments: