Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm an outlaw

I had a date with the District Court Tuesday regarding my Black Friday Speeding Ticket.

The police officer nicely reduced my ticket from 12 over the limit to 5 over and I wasn't about to dispute that I earned the ticket. But I did want to participate in the Deferral program.

It was explained to me that I would pay the ticket and an administrative fee and if I was able to avoid another moving violation for a year then the ticket wouldn't show on my record.

It turns out it works differently than that. I didn't have to pay the ticket. The ticket will not drop off entirely, but it won't be visible to the insurance agencies.

The process was actually very easy. There was a group of us on the docket for 10:15 and we were processed one by once once we were called into the room. There were two folks managing the process - one was a clerk and the other was the facilitator who was "the" decision maker.

Anyone who asked for a deferral was granted one as long as they hadn't had a deferral in the past 7 years. Maybe it is crazy to request a deferral over a $113 ticket, but since I am new to this insurance company it seemed worth it.

So, it's a done deal. I've paid my time and I am only 363 days away from being free to offend again.

In the meantime, when I'm on Hwy 900 - it's cruise control for me! I'm sure I'm pissing the people off behind me, but they don't own me!

2 comments:

PNB Dave said...

Please, please, PLEASE do not turn into one of those people who locks the cruise control right at the speed limit and then camps out in the passing lane.

Because I WILL kill you.

tp_gal said...

Dave,

I only use cruise control in certain situations where I need to keep a lid on things, like the open road, or the damned road between Renton & Issaquah.

I am very aware of not slowing others up, but also tend to set my speed at about 3-5 miles per hour over the posted limit.

Even when on CC I'm still passing folks (SAFELY!)

I'm also quite capable of zipping around folks when needed, noticing if there's too much traffic for "auto pilot."

You don't have to hunt me down, I'm only irritating to the folks on 900 who want to do 6-20 miles per hour over the speed limit, and frankly they can suck it.