Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

LOST... a show that is aptly named

I caught up on last weeks episode of LOST, and it is clear that I am truly LOST.

This show about plane crash survivors is really getting under my skin. First they are seeing polar bears, they see people who are dead, the lame can walk... it's all very interesting.

Soon there's an alternate group of people on "The Island" - the Others and it is not clear if they are bad people or good people or just intentionally flip-floppy.

The series is winding down, this is the last year and for that I am thankful. I do feel there is a strong chance that we'll end the season with no more clarity than we have now.


I find it irritating and angering that we find out last night that a main character has a teen aged child at home but in the three years we've been together this kid has never been mentioned. You can't pull the "but no one asked" card.

I would think one of the worst things you could go through in a hypothetical "Castaway" situation is knowing that the people who love you think you are dead. Yes, dealing with finding food and shelter would suck, but sitting alone and knowing your loved ones were in pain would be terrible. Oh my, and you KNOW after a respectful period of time they would go through your stuff and throw "shit" out or "donate it to charity". Your favorite sweatshirt might be gone for all eternity.

Back to the point, LOST had better wrap up well or I'm gonna.... oh I don't know, watch every episode and scream at the tv in the end. Yeah, that'll show em.

3 comments:

MWR said...

I recall that between the first two seasons of "Lost" there were some interviews with the creators and some articles debating whether shows of that ilk can maintain a coherent story arc or must inevitably go the way of "Twin Peaks". The creators said they had it all figured out and their show would not end up like "Twin Peaks".

How do you think they did?

tp_gal said...

I confess Twin Peaks is a show I didn't watch. I'm sure I would have loved it, as I like the noir genre but it came out my final semester of college and I was a tiny bit busy finishing up.
From what I know of TP (tee hee) they went from bizarre to really bizarre and lost many folks along the way.
I'm going to stick with Lost because that's "how I roll. You will remember me as the last lone viewer of ER, but I'm ready for answers and I doubt they are coming.

RisibleGirl said...

Amen, sister! For someone who doesn't like boxes (me), I need more boxes around this show. I gave up on it because it frustrated the hell out of me.

I'll wait until it's all done and then take a few weeks to watch all the episodes back to back after watching the end.

..maybe. Eh- now that I think about it, I'd rather spend my free time watching Six Feet Under again.