Pages

Thursday, February 04, 2010

taxes....

I have been VERY lax about entering my business receipts and expenses into Quicken. I have enjoyed a year of saving small pieces of paper and now I am in in HELL.

In order to get our taxes for 2009 done I need to bring my completed homework to the accountant and it is kicking my butt.

Of course, had I been doing it all year long it wouldn't be such a challenge, but alas...I'm a procrastinator.

I have made significant progress, all my receipts and expenses have been entered and all I'm doing now is creating invoices (up to August!) and then I can enter the payments I've received and I think I'm done.

Last year I went to the trouble to itemize all the sales tax I paid and I think with the wedding expenses it might be worth the trouble to do it again this year, but WOW, what a pain in the hiney.

Maybe next year we can return to turbo tax -- but not this year.

Taxes... blar!

No comments: