Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Topics of the day

What is on the mind today?

I’m traveling so of course I wish I was home. Yesterday, aka travel day was a bust. I am pleased with my choice to get up at 4:30 in the morning to fly into San Jose rather than come in the night before, but it does leave me a tiny bit useless by 3pm. Last night I checked into the hotel ‘napped’ until 6:30, got up, had dinner and then “watched tv” until 11 when I went to bed for real. Of course, I don’t remember much of what I watched on tv after dinner.

I woke this morning with better energy and am getting more done today.

I was thinking about the topics that are front of mind and of course I need to complain about something. We are expecting a package from FedEx and if you miss them they will come back two more times before they send your package back to the sender. Because the package contains wine the driver has to leave it with an ‘of age’ person, so we have to be home. I was home all week last week but the first delivery attempt was made at 6:45 pm on Thursday. We weren’t home, so I avoided leaving the house all day Friday so I didn’t miss the second delivery attempt. However at 4:30 I had to give up and run to the bank. I knew we would be out all day Saturday so I called FedEx to make alternative arrangements. The ‘helpful’ phone service agent used a tone that sent me to the crazy customer place. “Um, I’m sorry ma’am, the package is out for delivery right now.” Oh I know, it had been marked on the web site as “out for delivery’’ since 8:30 that morning and with no 2-4 hour window you’re kind of held hostage. I asked if we could pick the package up, which we can but in Kent. KENT!? No one goes to Kent on purpose. Since Jas works in Issaquah (less than a mile from the FedEx location where our packages use to go) I asked if we could re-route the package there, but nope, FedEx can not deliver to themselves. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Sigh, so I told the gal I’d pick the package up on Monday, but FedEx isn’t open on Mondays. (Are they not in business?) So, since I’m out of town our choice is to make a quick lunch run Friday or Saturday. I was told we HAD to pick it up Friday or they would send it back because they only keep things a week. GRRRRR. I’m feeling great about their commitment to service right about now. This situation makes me want to drop the wine club membership – it’s a hassle.

That’s what I have for now. Looking forward to coming home tomorrow and will be thinking of other inspiring topics to shower upon you in the meantime.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

Reading "No one goes to Kent on purpose" pretty much made my day.