Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Where you at?

I've been missing in action, and I know its a devastating loss to check back here hour after hour and find a lame little post about someone being late to a work meeting. (I don't think I am at all over estimating my importance in your world. I'm pretty sure I have a strong grasp on my significance.)

The weekend was lovely, we celebrated our second Valentine's Day together with a lot of home cooked meals and the Olympics. Oh how I love sitting around watching other people exercise. (The opening ceremony was nice...and I mean the same nice that gets you a first date but not a second date.)

Jason bought me the most wonderful gift that I'm almost embarrassed to share. You will be green with envy. I am now the proud owner of new windshield wipers! *squeel* Oh, I love the pretty roses too, but imagine not having to deal with getting them, installing them or having to dispose of the old ones. Sometimes I LOVE the 50's era man/woman roles!

It was a holiday yesterday, but not for Jason and since I have some personal meetings during the week I made the effort to put in some time for my client.

Meetings you ask? Yes, today I have a "date" with a judge regarding my speeding infraction. I'm hopeful that my 21 years of squeaky clean driving will bode in my favor as I request a "deferment". Oh, I'll be paying the ticket -but I'm attempting to legally keep it from my insurance company.

Later this week it is the annual date with the accountant. All our ducks are in a row and we have our fingers crossed for a good outcome.

In the parental news category, two wonderful things are happening. On my side my parents are coming to visit - just to hang out. We are happily planning meals and entertainment (that doesn't include driving all over town.) And, on Jas' side, his parents bought a new guest bedroom bed! I AM SO HAPPY. The old bed had a bit of a dip in the middle and while I like sleeping close to my honey, I want to lay flat! I'm looking forward to good sleeping while we're there at Easter.

Ok, I've got to go finish getting ready for court. I don't think my flannel pj's will cut the mustard.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

Be sure to include the phrase "My father, the career law-enforcement officer" in your explanation.

Word verification: tedrub. (Who is Ted?)