Pages

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

work....

I'm not sure which is worse for you dearest reader, listening to me ramble on about how happy I am with my new husband or listening to me blah blah blah about work...

Well, today I choose work.

I'm sure it won't be a surprise to learn that I haven't been overly enamored with my assignment and that I haven't been the kind of employee I know I can be. I think that's about to turn around, I have a new assignment and I'm getting that certain excitement back. I'm returning to my element (comfort zone) and I'm starting to get jazzed again.

There's a strong likelihood that I'll be ending my contracting gig and going on to the team as a full fledged employee. This has is benefits and some drawbacks. I'm pleased with how the benefit/drawback pro/con list has panned out.

I can't say that it is 100% sure that this will go down so this will be the only post until it is a done deal. Don't want to jinx anything.

My point is that I'm super excited again about work and that feeling makes me happy. Happy might be an overstatement, but I've got that "this doesn't suck" feeling going on again.

For the record, I think I learned a lot during my initial outing and while I like the being in charge of my own destiny thing I think I'm a better employee than 'consultant'. Maybe if I was providing a service I loved like my friend Lori does I'd be more inclined to give it the 150% that she brings to the table everyday. It's a sad fact that I don't have the drive to run my own show effectively.

Oh... honesty, how I hate thee. Especially when thee makes me look realistically upon myself. You are mean honesty...mean.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuFScoO4tb0