Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Whew!

It looks like the hours spend with my Quickbooks application, and the effort to save and itemize receipts have paid off. We met with the accountant today who informed us of a tasty refund. (Yeah air conditioning is in our future.)

I believe using a real accountant this year was worth the expense. The sale of two homes, purchase of another and self employment income made it a bit more complex than turbo tax could likely handle.

Hmm...what else is going on this week. Did I mention we're headed to an Academy Awards party? I picked up my dress yesterday and it is super cute. It is a black strapless thing with a flared skirt. I know that the Oscars call for a long dress, but since I'm not nominated for any awards I'm sure I'll be forgiven.

Oh, and here's my rant about the Olympics. NBC sucks! They are tape delaying events so we can watch them in prime time. I'm getting tired of having to skip the news and online newspapers to avoid seeing what happened. Grr. I will say that as NBC is editing what we DO get to see they are generous with their "wipe out" coverage. I can tell that a skier is going to biff it if they aren't American or on the Canadian Gold quest. The wipe outs were spectacular last night during the women's downhill, but it seems wrong to cover their race only because they lose in an "exciting" way.

Lastly, I noticed today that somewhere along the way we forgot to have winter this year. It is very Spring outside right now. I was at the mall yesterday evening and was surprised to find that they aren't displaying shorts just yet.

No comments: