Pages

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Another bummer about single life

I am appreciative of the unilateral decision making process. It is pretty great being able to decide to spend money how I want, move the furniture where I want it, and put out girly purple towels in the guest bathroom. These are all very wonderful things, but I do wish I had someone to discuss big decisions with - especially relating to financial decisions.

I mull things over and talk them out with the cat, but he's no help when I'm unsure as to how to proceed. Talking it out with the trusted inner circle is an idea, but some think that it is crass to talk money, and then there's the worry that you'll spill the oh-so-secret salary level or the dreadful financial situation. All those charged shoes add up to a worrisome debt to income situation.

There are professionals to talk with, but I'm unsure as to how to find one that isn't trying to sell me something. Plus, isn't paying someone to talk to me a little reminiscent of the days of yore when my mom paid the kids in the neighborhood to be nice to me? I have to tell you I was pretty upset when I found out the reason why little Timmy came over every 15th and 30th like clockwork.

Anywho... I'm mulling over a new fictionary term in honor of our friends who are prohibited by law from marrying: Significan't Others.

Lastly, the shelf lady stopped by last night to pick up the shelf and upon seeing it realized it wouldn't fit in her car. Too bad I didn't include the dimensions of the item on my ad... wait I DID! She's supposed to be back tonight - we'll see.
I want the damn thing gone.

Bye bye shelf

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to invest more in synthetic mink blankets and cream.

I say this as your financial adviser and confidante.

Anonymous said...

I'll certainly help you. Becoming an advisor was one career path I was exploring until I realized that they were just salespeople that are very good at math and/or filling out report templates. The beauty ... B-E-A-U-ty...of this plan is that you already know how much I make! No muss, no fuss, debt go buh-bye!

Anonymous said...

I just remembered...I'm not done talking yet!

Scott (my partner), who is ... conversationally absent ... most of the time does have some eeery moments of clarity on occasion and just issues a comment that really makes you think. While I'm sure I won't be doing his statement justice, please allow me to summarize.

---

THE GAY AGENDA

The true gay agenda is to urge people such as what's-her-face and Kid Rock to get married ... and then divorce 39 seconds later (which isn't far from the truth ... wasn't it Britney Spears that was married for what, 5 hours or days or something like that?) thereby minimizing the real *meaning* of marriage and - over time - people will arrive at the logical conclusion that marriage isn't worth as much as they thought it was and just cave to the idea of allowing gays to marry.

---

If you're just sitting there thinking "wow...that's quite the run-on sentence" ... bite me. :) But if you're sitting there thinking "he's right, heterosexual people have muddied the meaning of marriage, let's hand it over to the homosexuals ... they'll put in new carpet and a garden and sell it back to us as twice the price" then your thinking is really coming along. You're "homo-approved" to go vote!

Anonymous said...

I get it . . . partner Scott isn't too keen on "homos" or their "agenda". But, more to the point, how does he feel about cat-on-blanket love?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, maybe I was confused. Too many initials and partners involved. It's all too much for a cat. I need a saucer of cream . . . which, of course, SHE NEVER PROVIDES. I am a cat. I REQUIRE CREAM! What's so damn un-P.C. about that???

CREAM!!!!