Pages

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Whew, that was fast.

I'm such a late adopter of all things wonderful. June has been raving about Craigslist for ages and I've only poked around and any e-mail inquiries have gone unanswered which I thought was rude.

I've been hanging on to an IKEA bookshelf that has served me well, but doesn't work in the condo since I moved in 3 years ago. For a while it was in the office taking up space and when the pretty white bookshelves arrived it moved into the bedroom to get in the way. All attempts to talk P&J into taking it to their spacious new home have been met with laughter and general disdain.

MJ (ooh a new character!) at work suggested that I post it in the 'free' section on Craigslist and promised it would be gone in less than 10 minutes. Yeah right... it only took 2 minutes from the time it posted. 15 e-mail requests for the dusty shelves in 10 minutes. I had to take the dang thing off line.

Denise of the unpronounceable last name (Aksamit) and her "man" are coming tomorrow after 6 to pick it up. I'm so excited to have the damn thing gone I may dust it. If I end up murdered in my house you can look in my comcast e-mail box for her name and phone number. (I'll make sure they don't have to come all the way into my house and if I can find someone to come over at the same time I will.) I doubt this would be the perfect crime - respond to a craigs list ad and kill the poor spinster in her home and leave her body on the floor for the cat to eat.

No comments: