Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Messy Martha: A New Hope

There was a very encouraging meeting today with the social worker, nurse, an physical therapist regarding Aunt E today.

It was clear they had read my e-mail and have listened to the concerns about E's home. However, they were kind but firm when she tried to claim she was walking more than she actually is and called her out as fibbing when she said she was taking out her garbage at home. Um, not happening! Neither is the dog she thinks she's going to get, but let's tackle one disappointment at a time.

They proposed assisted living as the exit strategy from the rehab place and will help us work through the DSHS paperwork hell. I'm feeling like there is light at the end of the tunnel and for the first time not resenting the trip(s) I'm about to make to Bellingham.

I'm going this weekend to collect mail, bills and any paperwork I can find and to bring back the stinky laundry. It might be a VERY unpleasant trip home in my car, but my goal is to collect it all and bring it here to wash. With any luck at all the next few trips will be to box up stuff and get rid of massive amounts of CRAP.

The plan is a one day trip: drive up, collect stinky clothes and bills, a quick visit and drive back. It shouldn't be any more than 12 hours. Anyone wanna come?

1 comment:

Peepers said...

Um unfortunately I have plans this weekend...not really.. but I just wanted to say I'm happy there is hope, it sounds like you won't have to douse the place in gasoline and accidentally light a spark after all... sorry that was awful and I can't even believe I am writing it but it's a JOKE. Seriously. It seems like such a difficult thing to deal with, but you must be earning some serious karma points or something. :)

Oh and congrats on the weight loss, 80something pounds is totally fabu. I meant to post earlier but I've been bizzzzy just like you. :) Take care!