Pages

Saturday, March 01, 2008

That's better

After talking with the social worker and the gas company Friday I opted not to drive up to Bellingham this weekend. I'll go next weekend, gather up all the bills, spend some more time with the mess and bring back some laundry (so far I've filled three of the 55 gallon bags with laundry) E's washing machine and dryer take about 3 hours do do one cycle which just isn't ok.

The social worker and I talked about the level of physical capability that E would need to achieve before going home would be an option. Of course, I haven't been shy about saying how I feel that she shouldn't go home, but we have to be delicate because E can check herself out if she wants to. There's a meeting Tuesday where we'll set some goals. I don't think being able to bend over and repeatedly pick up things from the floor is unreasonable.

I'm grateful that I'm not emotionally distraught about this process. I want her to be safe, but I also don't want to be up there every week picking up after her because she refuses to do it.

My other thought is that if she does go home, she has to move. The water situation at her current place is unacceptable and I don't want to push it until I know whats happening. When I suggested this to E she got excited and asked to move to a place where she could have a dog.

I couldn't help myself and I laughed out loud at that suggestion. That's exactly what she needs, a small animal to shit on her floor when she just doesn't have the energy to do it herself.

Moving her seems like a lot of work - but I could relocate her near my parents. (ha ha) That wouldn't be the worst thing to be honest. I would still be involved, but I could have support and visit my parents at the same time.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

No comments: