Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Reflections

I'm taking a whole weekend off and am not popping up to Bellingham. I slept in this morning, put on (too big) jeans and have been scanning old family photos for a project I've been mulling over for ages.
In going through E's photo albums I was delighted to find some gems:




This is my dad (the baby) and Aunt E (aka Messy) in the doorway of their home in Seaview, Wa where my dad was born and I ended up going to grade and high school.













This is my dad, my big brother and I in front of our house in Sunnyside. The aurora is too bad, but I think the hand on my little head is cute!













This is my grandfather Eldon aka "Parkey" and the desk he made in his freshman year of high school. I have the desk, it needs a little love, but it's on my list for a summer project.













My goofy brother playing in the back yard at my grandparents house. I just want to squeeze him, I think he was so adorable as a kid.
















Last, but not least here's a pix of my dad at the age of 5 or 6. WWII was just winding down, but as you can see he was dressed to serve. Every family in 1945 needed a Sailor / Aviator!

No comments: