Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Too much wine = Talky TPgal

My favorite salesperson came to town today but I seriously don't think of her as a salesperson. I'm not influential in purchasing decisions so we're just connecting on a real level. Having had multiple opportunities to hang out at work things and at security stuff I would say its transended to casual friendship.

Over dinner tonight at the Purple Cafe (I had some cheese and the Chop Chop Salad with Flank Steak - or rather the flank steak with a few bites of salad) we and 4 other folks drank four bottles of wine and a "flight" of whites.

My new plumbing means that the limited amount of alcohol that I do drink goes straight to my head - so my three glasses are swirling around leaving me stranded in the office. I can NOT get in my car right now, but in an hour I should be good to go.

Over dinner we talked wines for ages and then transitioned to books (yeah!) There was a small stop over in the "oh my god you look so great, can I ask you a question about your surgery?" land. I'm ok with that, I don't mind answering questions but didn't want dinner to break down into a TPgal Centric evening. We were there for a bit and then off in a flash.

The excellent news is that this gal mentioned that her company (that she and her husband own) have a corporate apartment in New York and there was a casual offer of use for the proposed gal trip next summer. Believe you me, I won't be shy about following up to see if it was a real offer.

The bummer news, and clearly this is TMI - but I made myself some tea to drink while I sober up and I didn't put the lid on correctly and I poured tea down my shirt so here I sit with a wet bra in my office at 8:05pm. Thankfully it's not a white shirt or there would be a stain.

Silly silly me!

1 comment:

Peepers said...

Pix plz.

Just kidding... silly!