Pages

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Nerves

Tomorrow is my 3 month follow up appointment - but for those of who you can count or are keeping track (tally: 0) it's actually one week shy of 4 months.

I'm a little nervous about the appointment. I'm worried that I'm going to get a lecture about not working out. I have incorporated some stuff into my day - for example I do 20 standing push ups ("push outs" if you will) in the shower each morning and when the weather is good I get off the bus at the first downtown stop and walk the rest of the way in. I still need to do the treadmill more often than I do but I'm hopeful that those small things count too.

The appointment is only an hour and I'm sure it is more about the clinics statistical reporting than it is about me. I do have a full day. I'm doing lunch with a 4 year old and his mom and then popping over to the hospital to see a friend.

This gal is going through hell (baby bed rest) I hope my bag of treats and games I just packed are a fun distraction. I'm really hopeful and eager to have this work out for them. So, let's all send a good word to the man above shall we:

"Mr. Gates,

My friends would be great parents....."

Oops, wrong guy above. Sorry God! Good thing you're very forgiving.

So one last thing and then I've to to finish some laundry. Metro irks me! The bus driver on the way in this morning is extremely tentative about merging back on to the roads after pickups (and we're not talking about 40+ mile an hour roads either...) and then on the freeway - SHE MISSED THE EXIT TO I-90!!!! It's a pretty major intersection on the freeway. So irritating.

Then on the way home tonight I had to chase the bus. We both hit a red light at the same time. The light switched to green and the driver gunned the bus like someone was going to die if she didn't get to the next stop. I was at a full on run to the end of the block where the stop was and made it to the bus as the driver closed the doors and then zipped off. She was stopped for all of 10 seconds. I'm getting healthier but I didn't have it in me to chase the bus for another two blocks. Had she not been driving like a bat out of hell I could have made it or had she checked her mirrors to see if there were runners - which happens all the time I could have made it. I think (because I'm bitter) that she saw me running and left anyway.

I had to stand in the rain for 30 minutes, but at least I got a workout in before heading home.

No comments: