Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

similie

There's a scene in the movie The Last King of Scotland where the Idi Amin (who had a small habit of killing those who disagreed or displeased him) has a fit over the fact that an issue that he was warned about became an actual problem.

Amin: "Why didn't you tell me to do something about this!?"
Doctor: "But, sir, I told you it was going to be a huge problem."
Amin: "But you did not convince me!"

Lately, my interactions with the big boss have felt like this.

BB: "Why didn't I know about this?"
TPgal: "Sir, I told you on several occasions the facts"
BB: "But I wasn't listening to you"
TPgal: "ok..."
BB: "Sounds like an excuse to me."

The other thing I "love" is the pep talks to stay "Laser focused on A, B and C. Just A, B and C - nothing else! If we don't achieve A, B and C we're all doomed. Oh and D-Z are also important so don't forget those. Failure to achieve A, B and C is not an option, but neither can D-Z. And in the meantime, don't forget to be interesting so that when you tell me something will be an issue that I'll actually pay attention. "

oh golly... BITTER.

I am trying to keep my head down and get my work done but when the senior leaders spend their days trying to kill your spirit it is hard to stay focused. I know this BS happens at every company and as soon as the things that are pissing me off right now are resolved something new will pop up.

I'm pretty confident that I'll be back to happy TPgal tomorrow. Right now, I'm just going to go to bed!

No comments: