Pages

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Countrywide SUCKS! Part 2

In November I got a letter from Countrywide saying that I owed them money from my former escrow account for an alleged overpayment in 2004. I repeatedly asked for a full accounting of all the monies collected and paid for my account. They didn't provide the information, but did mail a printout of some activity showing and escrow refund payment to me that I kind of remember.

I tried to push them to provide a full statement of all the funds collected but they didn't do it, instead I started to receive letters from a collection agency. Each letter included escalating threats and in the end I caved and sent them $842.00 with a NASTY letter that I'm sure had no effect other than it felt good to write.

Basically I said that they were incompetent accountants, malicious with their timing, and their failure to provide the simple information I asked for felt criminal. I told them I was sending the check not because I felt I owed it but so that I would never have to deal with them ever again.

It took almost four weeks for my check to clear and when it did I got a notice showing my account was "Paid In Full." I filed all the paperwork away including a copy of the canceled check and went about my business.

Today, when checking the mail there was a thin envelope from Countrywide. Inside was a check for $842.00 with the explanation of "Escrow Refund." I ask you... WHAT THE F*CK!?

My dad suggests not calling them and asking but to put the money in savings. I ask you... what would you do?

2 comments:

MWR said...

They extorted money from you that you didn't owe them, then later sent you the money back. Maybe your letter did some good.

In any event, why would you CALL THEM? Isn't this the result you wanted? What I would do is not give it another thought.

Anonymous said...

These monies belong to Peter's Cream Fund. Should you attempt to convert them to your own use, expect to hear from my attorneys.