Pages

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Blog Topics

With the impending presidential election, the hoopla around the vice president selections, federal takeovers of Freddie Mac and high profile executive firings (er... "retirements") at local companies you would think that I would have lots and lots to blog about...Not so much.

It is not that I'm not deep and don't have opinions, but everybody has opinions. Who cares really? Palin... she seems inexperienced but I'm not quite sure what the uproar is about her baby. He has Downs Syndrome - does that mean she can't have a successful work career? I don't think that's what the media is trying to imply, but it is one of the messages they are conveying. I know, there is speculation that the baby belongs to one of her kids but people also think Elivs is still alive.

Presidential Election..I live in Washington - we go Democrat. I don't have violent negative feelings about McCain but worry that because he's an extension of the current administration that he couldn't turn things around. I'm not convinced that Obama can do it either, but he's got the better shot in my opinion.

The takeover of Freddie Mac. WoW! Our economy is going to take a huge hit for that. It needed to happen, but I think its going to hurt.

Executive firings... er "retirements" - I know it is "how it works" but it kills me that you can run a company into the ground and still get 24 MILLION to walk away.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

MWR said...

SHE COULD END UP BECOMING PRESIDENT! Isn't that distressing?

http://www.economist.com/world/unitedstates/displaystory.cfm?story_id=12066224

As an exercise, try figuring out her views on birth control and whether adults should have unfettered access to the means of birth control they choose. I don't think that will be easy.