Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Summer's Over

With the long weekend behind us, its time to settle down and really focus on work. The days of daydreaming about romance and allowing the weight loss journey to be a reason to be distracted at the office need to end.

I'm leaving for Greece in 28 days and I have A LOT of work to do before I can leave without worry. The only way to get it done is to actually... um.... start. (of course, instead of being on the early bus this morning, I'm blogging. Perhaps I need a lesson in action vs. words.)

The long weekend was amazing. Even though we didn't really go anywhere it was great. I met the remainder of J's Seattle based family. They were funny and very nice. I felt very at ease and look forward to more 'family' events. Now, all that is left is meeting his parents. Based on how the rest of the family talks about J's M&D I'm not concerned at all about them. They are clearly adored.

Sunday, J & I met my parents in Roslyn for lunch. Roslyn is kind of a halfway point between where my parents live and here and my parents enjoy the Brick tavern. We didn't know it, but it was some sort of Pioneer Day or Logger Jamboree celebration. A parade was about to start as we pulled into town. We timed our visit perfectly as we moved inside the tavern, settled at a table while the parade was going on outside. We enjoyed a nice long, easy visit and then some of the parade participants came into the tavern and performed. The bag pipers played 4 or 5 songs and my dad was in heaven. My parents were taken with J and any anxiety I may have had about the visit wasn't an issue.

I talked to Mom last night and she said she could see that he's family. She said she was glad she finally got to meet him because we're moving at warp speed over here and she felt strange that she hadn't yet. She also said my aunts are concerned about the swiftness of this relationship, but once I get back from Greece J and I will head over for a visit and they will understand when they see us together.

Sunday night, J and I made dinner and opened some great wine. I really love that we can spend the whole day together and still sit and talk for hours.

We spent Monday on the couch watching movies and catching up on the Closer and Project Runway. We didn't actually watch The Committments - we mostly napped through it.

It was a great weekend. I need to head to the office, there may be more later...

No comments: