Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Vacation Countdown

With the romantic weekend over, plans have really come together for my departure for Greece Wednesday.


I'm getting a stronger picture of my fellow adventurers and I don't think J has much to worry about. So far there's the Colorado guy who seemed nice enough, and now the 60 year old Austrailian mom who is coming with her two sons. (19 and 22). I'm not hot enough to pull off a shipboard romance with a 22 year old (if I was wanting too _ which I'm not).


The 55 year old retired military woman doesn't seem to be on the manifest. Oh well


I'm mostly packed, I may go back and edit a little more as maybe I don't need four t-shirts. And maybe I'll make an edit to my long pants. I was going to bring a pair of capris but maybe the jeans I'll going to fly in will double for any cold weather. Nightime lows are hovering around 65 degrees so I doubt I'm going to need a parka. My main issue has been wanting clean clothes for the return trip, but I'm assured washing can be accomplished. I've flown in four day old jeans before and I'm just not going to fret over it.


So far I've packed into just the backpack and I have faith it will work. The bonus is that most of the stuff I have to take I can ditch upon departure from the boat. I'll have room for trinkets. I don't know about money....


On the work front, its been stressful and I've agonized about leaving, but since I personally can't change anything about the "acquisition" I just have to have faith that if a decision is made to cut my job that I'll get some notice and a reasonable severance.


I'll deal with the job thing upon my return. I just wish I had more information. We all do.


For the time being vacation is the plan. My camera is charged and my passport is ready.


J will be blogging a little when I check in and I've left him with some get to know you type questions in case he wants to share.

No comments: