Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

What a day

What a week....

Work still sucks but the manager who is breathing down my neck was MIA today so I was able to actually work. You won't be getting any details on my "error" but I feel confident that legally and ethically I was and am correct. Time will work it out.

The only really "issue" is that I'm leaving town for almost a month, and it's frustrating that THIS is the memory that my manager will have during my absence. However, I have been working to make sure that my i's are dotted and my t's are crossed before I leave.

The performance review cycle kicks in while I am away and I will be dropping an EXTENSIVE annual review write up on his desk so there can be no doubt of what I have contributed this year. He can view it through whatever eyes he wants, but I HAVE delivered in 2008.

So, the effort to dot the i's and cross the t's is massive. It helps that I finally have a full staff and everyone is working. I'm learning to delegate and that is actually moving the dial on lots of activities. I'm happy happy happy with my people these days.

I've spent the last couple nights at a strange man's house. Ok, he's not strange... he's lame! I don't mean boring. He's a work friend who had surgery on both of his feet and his partner had to leave town 3 days into his recovery. I went over to provide moral support, get dinner and let the dogs out to poop.

Their house is lovely and I like it. It is very put together and far more stylish than my little heterosexual girl condo. In the room I was staying in the art on the walls color coordinated perfectly with the bedding and I asked if it was staged (condo for sale!) for the sale and I was told no, that's just how it looks. WOW! I've seen coordinated before, but this is a whole new level.

Speaking of levels, the condo has about five levels and at one point in the early morning dealing with the gods I got lost. I can be forgiven for not having my orientation straight (no pun intended) at 5 am in someone elses house.

The dogs are great and without words they can convey their needs... PEE PEE PEE PEE PEE PEE and then as soon as they are back in the house... FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD FOOD. I wish people could be so clear.

The mood at MegaBank is ok, people seem to be waiting for whatever the market is going to do, but for the most part are staying focused on the tasks at hand. There's not a lot of Chicken Little "the markets are falling, the markets are falling!" going on. I'm going to stay put for a while and see how things go. Maybe once the year is over I'll put out feelers into my non-banking contacts and see what I can come up with, but for right now I'm ok.

I am however - STILL AT WORK and don't really expect to leave until after 8 or 9 tonight. I have another 7 working days until I leave for vacation, but I've got plans after work all next week ('sept Monday) so the opportunity to knock things out of the park is limited. The days are FILLED with other peoples shit. Today I had two appointments after 5pm -and honestly I'M NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!!!

J comes home tomorrow, so I'll work late tonight and leave the computer and blackberry here and focus on a relaxing "weekend". Tuesday I get to see Phantom of the Opera - which I'm really excited about. I emailed whatshisface today and said I had been listening to the sound track over and over so I was ready to sing along with the actors! I love live theater, its so entertaining!

Have a great weekend!

Oh and here's an open comment to the mother f*ckers who broke into Becky's house and stole her 5 year old son's backpack AND the cute Buddha statue... YOU SUCK!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have resigned myself to the fact that those who stole my Buddha (that Terri got us!) and Collin's backpack and a bunch of other stuff will be reincarnated as the slime that coats the underbelly of the worms that eat pig poop.