Pages

Friday, January 02, 2009

1-2-2009

One of the blogs that I follow made a pact to blog every day for a year. Frankly, even I don't have that much to talk about.

It's Friday today, and I'm at work. I took the 31st off, and of course, yesterday was a holiday. On the 31st, I went over to my condo to visit the racoons and to take down the tree.

I put up a tree over there because my parents were coming, and since they didn't it could have been viewed as a waste of time. However, I enjoyed showing J my holiday trimmings (ooh, that could be taken in a naughty way... don't take it like that because I'm innocent!) We have similar tastes when it comes to the holiday decor. Thank goodness... imagine the horror of finding out your fiance' has 19 boxes of Holly Hobby Christmas ornaments. YIKES.

We ended up consolodating some of the Christmas stuff. It was odd to see "my" stuff get packed away in his Christmas boxes. Our lives are really intermingling.

Since I was at my house I picked up more boxes from U-Haul and boxed up my china, my every day dishes, my favorite display items... I may have to take that box to J's and incorporate some of my 'things' into the decor. His house is decorated well and he's been generous with space, but I do miss some of my "things." However, I don't want to continue to bring things over without having a home for them. It is hard enough adding a new person without bringing over everything I own. Likely, what will happen is that when we move into a house, I'll find this box with the pretty things I love, like my Dale Chihuly Glass Piece and my stunning crystal candle holders and it will be like getting them new all over again.

I also packed the car FULL of things to take to Mom and Dad's. We're going to have a monster yard sale in the summer. It's nice that I don't have to give away everything. Some things, like my pots and pans will be ok in a garage sale, some stuff is better to GoodWill. I'm going to need the tax write off next year.

J and I are headed over to eastern Washington tomorrow to bring Christmas to my parents and to drop off some of the yard sale stuff. Cross your fingers that we'll make it over the pass ok.

Running... more later.

No comments: