Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Humble

One of my dearest friends gave me a generous and extremely thoughtful gift for my 40th birthday that I am using today.

J and I are headed to the Salish Lodge for spa treatments, a soak in the hydro-therapy room (aka, indoor pool - no kids) and then staying overnight in a lovely room with a soaking tub that overlooks the falls. Tomorrow morning we'll dine on the most fabulous breakfast.

We made dinner reservations for tonight and are planning on dressing up and having date night for our romantic weekend "away."

I am overwhelmed at the kindness of this gift and we will enjoy it to the fullest.

HOWEVER... I had to get a bathing suit today. I figured out last night that we needed suits and I had returned the suits that had been purchased for Greece. With only a few hours to work this out a trip to the mall wasn't practical, so I did my suit shopping at Target. It was nice to be able to shop in the regular section - but OH MY... those suits are for little girls who have no extra bits to cover up. Bikini -- not so much for my 40 year old boobs, and HELL NO for my newly deflated stomach. I did find a demure but not OLD LADY suit that covers most of my trouble spots, but will still be a bit sassy for the fella.

So, while you're enjoying your Saturday, you won't be hearing from me for the rest of the weekend. I intend to be blissed out after my massage and spin in the whirlpool.

Have a lovely one!

No comments: