Pages

Monday, January 05, 2009

Movie Review: Momma Mia

Oh My God...

I feel duped! "Audiences are raving about Momma Mia.."

stark raving mad! This may have been one of the worst train wrecks of a movie I've ever seen.

Meryl Streep, a superb actresss... HORRID
Pierce Bronson, an attractive and talented guy... when he sang, my ears started to blead.

E on line says that it had possibly the worst choreography in a movie ever, but the New York Times said is was a perfectly nice time but that it is a mindless, hedonistic assault on coherence.

I can't quite agree, about the nice time. At one point I looked over at J and he was poking sharp objects into his ears.

We got to the point where we just wanted to find out who the kid's dad was so we were fast forwarding through the songs. Which means, through everything.

I know that many women around the world loved this movie. I love them for loving it, much in the same way you love your dog even though he poops on your floor.

The one positive thing I will say for the movie... it made me want to go to Greece. (sigh) Someday.

3 comments:

MJS said...

I'm totally with you...I wanted to jump from the plane in which I was watching.

My faith in Hollywood was returned, however, when I watched "The Women" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430770/) last night OnDemand. I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in YEARS!!

Anonymous said...

Hated Momma Mia...My best friend begged me to go, waste of time and money. I couldn't get past Pierce's singing either. And poor Collin Firth..What in the hell was he thinking?

Donna said...

OMG! For the first few minutes I took it seriously and thought... this is horrible. But then I just took it for what it really was (for $hit!) and I laughed at it. It was like a b-grade movie... or worse!

Listening to Brosnan sing was like watching Richard Gere tap in Chicago... very disturbing.