Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Not OK

The work days are slow and it is a challenge to sit there all day. Today I left at 3 and took the bus to the mall in Bellevue. I spent $7.00 at Crate & Barrel and am now sipping a tall soy chai outside the starbucks.

It is a public space with multiple couches and a large fireplace. One certainly has no expectations of privacy in this space. It is also to be assumed that conversations will be overheard. To combat this many patrons are wearing earphones. I am not in the mood for music and was enjoying the ambient sounds.

WAS.

An older man sat near me and pulled out a transistor radio. It had a little antana and everything. He pulled it out, scanned the dial for a station and then turned it up.

Uh.... I love National Public Radio as much as the next (liberally biased) person but not blasted on a monospeaker portible radio.

I'm giving him the death look now, but my mojo is off. Maybe it is the head injury from yesterday. **GLARE**

No comments: