Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Who's a dumb girl?

Not dumb... clumsy.

We were packing the car this morning to take more items to the storage unit that we rented yesterday (I'm really moving out of my house and selling it) and I lifted a plastic tub filled with some odd sized but heavy items over my head. As the box crossed my face the damn items shifted and the tub crashed into my face, leaving me with a mild, but painful trauma.

It swelled up and is a bit bruised, but thankfully I didn't cut the skin. It does look like I was clocked by a short straight hard edge. Poor J was horrified as we continued on to church this morning. As we drove it was getting more and more noticeable. I think he was worried that folks might think he's a TPgal beater. Lucky us, it isn't terribly big and doesn't at all look like I've been in a fight.

I'd post a picture, but I don't want to be accused of trying to one up my friend Lori who fell in her house and broke six bones in her face. Poor thing...

So, the lesson for today is either, pack boxes more securely, or don't lift crap over your head.

No comments: