Pages

Monday, February 13, 2006

It's only money!


I finally succumbed this weekend and made an important home purchase. After years of using the 95 pound dell laptop from DotBomb(my parting gift) with a partitioned hard drive and only 5 gigabites of memory I broke down and bought a new computer.

I lugged home the super nifty Apple iMac. The ease of set up is phenomenal... it took about 20 minutes from the time I started until I was playing with the features. The built in camera is fun, and with MS office loaded on it's a work horse. I didn't go for the fastest, or for the one with 250 gigabytes of memory - I've been living on 5 gigabytes for years so I think 160 will do it for a while.

The amazing part is that there is one cord on the computer - the mouse and keyboard are wireless so it's a super clean workspace. I love it!

This purchase puts me on the brink of anothre major decision -- to finally get high speed internet. The cable guys are coming sunday after next so I might as well do it at the same time. It's only money right?

1 comment:

MWR said...

So you got the Mac with the Intel chip and MS Office, correct? An Apple to the core.