Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Trapped!


I LOVE the snow, it is so pretty and it's great to be outside all bundled up. However, I'm somewhat trapped here in the condo-copia because of the hill and my car. Don't tell the Jetti that it isn't a good snow car - because with front wheel drive once you get going it can zip everywhere - but since we're down in a hole here - there's no getting to the top of the hill.

If I was smart (which I'm not) I would have took the Jetti to the top of the hill the MOMENT it started to snow so that I could at least get out. My neighbors are zipping here and there with their Subaru's and Explorers - but I do not need to go anywhere so badly that it can't wait a few days.

Maybe after the couch is delivered I'll hike up the hill and carry back some snacks from the ghetto grocery next to the Goodwill. The thing that makes it ghetto - just so you know - is that all the dairy and meat products are on their last legs. At the QFC and the Super Safeway you can get milk that lasts for three weeks or more if you buy organic but at the GG it's only four days before the milk goes tits up and the lunch meat gets that attractive iridescent sheen.

Macy's called yesterday to tell me the drop off time for the couch and I tried to explain the road situation to the scheduler but she didn't seem to care. I have no doubt they will be able to get down the hill to deliver the items, but I wonder if they will be able to get back up to go elsewhere. We'll see.

I know you're very excited to to see the evolution of the living room and as soon as the couches are here and I get everything settled I'll post another photo.

In the meantime, here's a couple shots to show why I'm housebound. The one is blurry but you get the idea.

No comments: