Pages

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Aaargggg

I have to say that I'm having a hard time at work today. 

In addition to the fact that my team is short one, I'm still doing work for a function that has "transitioned away" but I've been interrupted no less than 6 times so far this morning with questions about stuff for the work I'm no longer doing.  I feel like a jerk when I tell them to go talk to Bob.  My instinct is to answer the question or take care of their problem but that would mean that I'm tacking on a 30 minute activity to an already unneeded interruption.  I don't care where you get your office supplies, it's not from me, so shoo.

So, I'm cranky, and I've got A LOT on my plate (so much for the "I'm going to have a good attitude" attitude) I got a notice today that my status report is late.  I think *maybe* I've prioritized it lower than the 19 other #1 items on my to do list.  I should delegate the damn thing - which is what I will do - but the notice irritated me.

THEN… I'm downstairs at the salad bar and I went to check out the pre-made salads and the cashier gal says for the whole room to hear "Get away from the cookies, you're on a diet!"  The words "FUCK YOU" flashed through my mind faster than I could have ever imagined.  Maybe she was trying to be funny, but I did want to shove her face into the french dressing (who eats french dressing - yuck!)

Clearly, I need to calm down and find my soothing place.  But for right now, I don't recommend that you volunteer me to do any of your work and for pete sake, don't comment on my lunch or I may have to hurt you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omigosh... cashier gal did *not* just say that!!!! That is criminal! I definitely think you would have been justified in shoving her head in some sort of food item. How incredibly insensitive of her - no one likes to be embarrassed like that. :(

Find a happy place, find a happy place...

Peepers said...

Oh my god, she seriously said that? Holy shit, I'd want to go put her head in the panini press. How fucking rude. It amazes me how much tact certain people lack..

I'm guessing either A- she's fat and jealous, or B- she's a skinny bitch (I almost said the C word, and I hate that word) who just doesn't get it. Skinny people never fucking get it. Fuck them.

You look great, by the way. Love the dress. Love the pic. Isn't losing weight awesome?

I also marvel at how much food I leave on plates... and I still suffer from eyes larger than stomach syndrome. It is going to take some time to get out of that habit... it's really hard. But I just LOVE the fact that our little thumb-sized pouches just can't take in the food. It rocks.