Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What have I gotten myself into?

The selection in my closet is dwindling. I put on a pair of pants last night and they were so big that I put them right into the discard pile. I have never worn them. I bought them thinking I would lose 10-15 pounds - but now I've lost 66 and I missed my window.

The crazy thing is that I'm down to two pairs of black pants and two pairs of jeans. Jeans during the week are frowned upon - but I didn't have much of a choice today. It's cold and a skirt wasn't cutting it. Thankfully, I don't have any appointments or meetings today so I can hide out in my "office" (shower stall) and enjoy my denim.

I'll be heading to Nordstrom Rack at lunch in search of some more pants.

Intellectually, I know this is a good thing. On one level it is freeing to go through the closets and drawers and get rid of all the size 3X stuff - but when I see it piled up, and think of the investment in those clothes I get a little sick to my stomach.

There aren't too many more items in the closet that I've never worn. But there are some super expensive things that I'm unsure what to do with. The $475 beautiful bridesmaid dress - totally too big. Should I have it altered under the slight chance that there's an event to wear it to? (I did wear it to not one but two separate holiday parties, taking the price per outing to $158.33) Or cut my losses? It's a tough one, it is really beautiful.

It's big enough, I could use it to make curtains… kind of a reverse Gone With The Wind. (it isn't THAT big - but I could do pillows.) That's an idea…. It's crafty, it keeps the pretty fabric around. I'll put the dress with the fabric I bought three years ago on Bainbridge and I'm sure I'll get to it soon.

Oh gosh, I really should focus on work. It's 9:05 and other than a few emails I have done ANYTHING. For someone who bitches about being overwhelmed I'm a terrible self starter.

Gotta run.

1 comment:

Peepers said...

I'm right there with you, sister! With the clothes and the self-starting. Hah! I'd offer to trade clothes with you but I'm betting we're about the same size anyway! Plus by the time we arranged something you'd be smaller! LOL

I'm getting a kick out of getting rid of all the size 24 pants and 22/24 tops but when I look at the HUGE pile of clothes mounding up in my spare bedroom it does make me a little ill at the $ involved. I guess the only good part is I worked at Lane Bryant when I accumulated most of them so they were very discounted! STILL!

I guess I'll take a tax deduction for donations this year.. hehe.
Let me know if you ever want to go shopping or something ;)