Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Gambler and some things you shouldn't photograph

I attended a charity Texas Hold-Em tournament Friday. I know a lot about Texas Hold-em, and by "a lot" I mean I've watched Celebrity Poker a few times. I have basic understanding of what beats what and that you're not supposed to stay in with 7-2 and when (note, not "if") you get pocket Aces that you shouldn't squeal with glee.

My goal was to not be the first person at our table to be out. (There's a term for it, but I don't know what it is.. oh wait... LOSE.) The cards were with me, and some of the folks at our table were more confident than maybe they should have been because I knocked out about 4 players. I was on fire. It was fun, and completely scary. They moved players around during the tournament and the guy that ultimately won sat down and immediately dominated our table. He had a heck of a lot more chips coming into our circle which gives him the edge to scare people out of playing their hands. He didn't knock me out, but when they moved the tables again, I was thankful to be the one to switch.

I won a couple more hands before losing all my chips on a good hand. Such is life, I bet it all on the best hand I could hope for. All in all played about two and a half hours and lasted more than half the players. I feel it was a success.

The tournament was held at the Columbia Tower Club - the swanky private club atop the Columbia Tower. 75 stories up on a clear winter night is lovely!

That was Friday, and Saturday I watched some disappointing football, go hawks! and had Rico and New Mrs. Rico over. we gave up on the game and played Cribbage on my POS plastic cribbage board. Someday when my boyfriend finally shows up, I'm gonna get a good board. It's hard to justify it when I live alone and most folks who come over don't play.

I met up with Becky and her husband and we headed downtown to Capital Hill to celebrate our friend Phil's 40th birthday. He arranged a scavenger hunt that involved collecting certain items and taking photos of certain items. You should be VERY thankful that the pictures were not on my camera. Some of the items were fun to get, but not really for family and friends. I learned a lot of NEW things last night. Prince Albert is NOT chewing tobacco. (Don't google that at work or in front of your kids.) But, we got two photos of them.

Brett, Becky's man and I ended up on one team while she stayed with Phil as a judge. And by judge I mean, a drinking buddy for two hours while we ran our asses all over Capital Hill taking photo's of asses, having engaging conversations with boys dressed in goth attire and kissing the heads of bald men. At the end of the hunt we met up with Phil & Becky at a bar called the Cuff where we met a very nice deaf tranny with a beard and a pierced um (have you looked up Prince Albert yet?) yeah, one of those.

We were confident we had enough points to win - but alas, we did not. Becky and Phil were so trashed that they couldn't oversee the counting of points and selection of a winner. Note this attractive picture of Becky "resting" with one of the mascots. (each team had a mascot which had to be in every picture.)

Because I can't really drink - I drove B&B home. Brett wasn't trashed, but is a safety guy. I like that about him. He doesn't fart around with the machismo "I'm OK to drive" BS when there's a perfectly sober person on hand.

I finally got home at 2 and was happy to fall into bed. This morning, my body is in pain. We literally ran all over capital hill for two hours, which for me is beyond my normal exercise routine. I did kick up my time in the gym yesterday, but the ache in my legs is clearly due to hustling up and down hills in search of a c*ck ring.

Phil's mom was on our team, which made me nervous, but she was into it. I think she asked more than 9 guys if they had pierced nipples and if we could photograph them. What a riot.

So, happy birthday to Phil! Happy hang over to Becky and happy whatever to Brandon the deaf tranny.

No comments: