Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

Lunch with an old friend

I had lunch this week with a former colleague who left MegaBank four years ago for a more exciting world.... insurance. (woo woo)

We had fun catching up, talking about the crazy book he's reading and then politics. We were about ten minutes in and it occurred to me... "this guy is a Republican!" How did I never know that? Perhaps I am so clueless and self-absorbed and can only see what I want to see.

He's a smart guy (calm down there trigger, I'm not suggesting Reps. are dumb - just your idiot king) and we had fun debating the merits and horrid ideas of some the current candidates.

We both agree that Guiliani is not a contender. His strategy of wait 'til Florida won't work.

Mister Insurance is actually a fan of Ron Paul - who I hate to admit I've not really heard much about. Ron Paul, wasn't he the drag queen that MAC make up company used in the 80's? (tee hee)

I shouldn't be allowed to vote - I am grossly under informed.

No comments: