Pages

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007 In Review

Today is the first day of 2008... the year in which I turn 40, go to Greece, lose a lot of weight and spend more time with friends. I have a lot to look forward to, but before we move on lets look back a little:

In May I spent ten relaxing days with SadRico (the returned batchelor) in Mexico. We played 200 games of boggle and cribbage buy the pool. It was a wonderful getaway.

In July, I spent a week at Gambleside. The week was specifically selected because it is traditionally the nicest week of the year, and of course... RAIN. That was ok, because the final Harry Potter book arrived the day I left so I snuggled up in my tent and read. I KNEW Snape wasn't a dastardly villain. I'm still not over some of the carnage though. Darn it JK... you didn't have to kill (XXXX), where's the joy now?

I refinanced my condo - getting out of an adjustable rate mortgage and into a 30 yr. with a good fixed rate. Just in time... the market tanked shortly thereafter. Whew! (To give myself credit, that was always the plan, hold the crappy loan while I paid my consumer debt down and then switch over.)

My softball team didn't do so well this year, but we enjoyed ourselves. Our power player moved away, and our catcher had a melt down so who knows what the future holds for St. Matt's Bats.

Spent some time with my parents this summer. We replaced the fence around the pasture. Hard work, but fun.

Killed my fancy cellphone by washing it with my jeans, and then three long months later splurged on the iPhone. I totally love it! I check my pockets when doing laundry now.

Told my inner circle in May that I was thinking about having weight loss surgery in early 2008. While doing research a month or so later two words popped into my head... WHY WAIT? My outlook on life changed at that moment. Started the WLS process, and had surgery on the 19th of November. Lost 64 pounds! (so far)

Traveled to Philadelphia, and back to Phoenix for work. Fun!

Was asked to speak at a conference in Milan, Italy. Didn't end up getting to go, but it was an honor to be asked.

Attended the wedding of SadRico who is now officially, just Rico. He's a happy happy camper!

Rang in the new year with Rico and Cindy in a quiet evening.

Goodbye 2007 - hello future!

No comments: