Pages

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Dining Out

I got to go to dinner to night with one of my favorite colleagues who resides in Florida, but is in town to mingle with her new manager.

We went to the RED HOUSE for tapas (a tapas bar, not topless - totally different)

I'm horrified by how much food I ordered, and how little I ate. I know it's dull as shit, but I have to break it down for you:

We ordered:
Spicy Shrimp - 4 to a plate - I ate 1
Antipasto Plate - 6 slices of bread, salami, olives, sliced cheese, soft cheese, Bree , veggies, proscuitto, and peppers. - I ate 1 olive, 2 slices of salami, a 1 square inch of bread crust with cheese smeared on it.
Meatballs - 4 - 1 inch diamater balls with 6 more slices of bread and about 1 cup of tomato sauce. I ate 3/4s of one ball.

Catch that again over the course of the hour I ate:

1 shrimp
2 slices thin salami
1 olive
1 inch bread crust with chevre cheese
3/4 of one meatball


I was so full I thought I was going to have to throw up.... odd. I think it was the denseness of the food -because since I've been home I've drank 16 ounces of water without any issues. Clearly it's not volume, it's density.

Passing on the bread was the hardest part... I love good crusty bread.

I will be eating left overs forever!!!!

No comments: