Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Junk In Your Trunk

At the start of the new year I challenge you to rid yourself of the crap you're carrying around for no reason.

Here's the list of stuff from my car trunk ( not including tire and jack):

1 blanket - purchased in Mexico - in 1990
1 pair of gloves
1 set tire chains
1 gallon water
6 pack of Acqua Panna water
25 pound tub of cat litter
First aid kit
Ugly bright red baseball hat
Old gas cap
Spare light bulbs (for the car - not the house)
CD cases (8-10)
1  umbrella
1 Better Homes & Gardens Magazine
1 Pillow
1 beach towel


Holy lord, I may need to do some cleaning myself. An old gas cap… why save something like that?

The cat litter just hasn't made it into the house yet, same with the water.  Excuses excuses.

1 comment:

Peepers said...

I like this... I have a lot of pointless shit in my trunk, including 2 bags of clothes too big, that I keep forgetting to take to a donation place. I often get overwhelmed at how much I need to organize and throw out stuff around my home (especially the dreaded office and all the stupid credit card offers I need to shred)... but starting with one small space at a time seems doable. I think I'll start with my trunk this weekend, then do the downstairs closet, then a bathroom..the linen closet, then maybe I'll be ready for my office.
Thanks for inspiring me to get organized. :)