Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Excuse Me!?

This kind response was left to my last post:

Anonymous said...

I will not speculate on the reason(s) they seemed (insert word of your choice here i.e. shocked/surprised/annoyed/confused)but I think this is not a lesson in how you were judged but more a lesson on how you are judging them; "...we're in Nowhereville, Indiana population 1 Walmart..."

And what were you thinking when he offered you flavors? Doesn't sound like your mind was saying, "It's nice that they have a variety of flavors for me to choose from."

Maybe next time you can simply inform her that you're from Somewhereville that has a coffee house that knows what they're doing.


I have a couple retorts.

1) Feel free to chastise me on any point at any time. I try to comment on humorous events in my life and I know that my tone and my sarcasm can every once in a while hit a nerve or be taken in a way that is unintended. HOWEVER - have the guts to leave your name. Hiding behind the veil of "anonymous" is silly.

2) I myself am from a Nowhereville, USA kind of place. Little industry, few jobs and the best people on earth. I'm sure that "Nowhereville, Indiana" has a similar story. I wasn't commenting on the character of the gals behind the counter, but the absurdity that McDonalds is putting themselves out there as THE coffee place to go and yet a coffee flavored coffee was a new concept. (Honestly, she wasn't "offering me choices, she and the coffee maker gal both acted like I was crazy to order my coffee without flavor. Much in the same way they might have reacted had I ordered a Big Mac but without the meat, or a Pizza without the crust.

3) Customer service encounters are a common theme here - if you're offended, or think I'm not writing about important topics - find somewhere else to read. I've already established that this blog is trite and unimportant. I am a nobody with something to say and a free outlet to say it. I'm honored that anyone besides my mom reads this. I'm honored that my mom reads it too, but she kind of has to. (Hi Mom!) I'm honored that you read (or use to read) it - whoever you are "Anonymous."

4) You're not the first person to leave a biting "anonymous" comment. Someone misunderstood my bitching about the possible extra taxes on my severance and told me to quit whining and pay what I owe. I let that one slide because it was clear that I must have not presented my position clear enough to be understood. I will pay whatever taxes are due, but don't tax ME more on the same type of income that a former employee from any other company would be asked to pay. (I guess I didn't let it go.)

5) I'll take some ownership in not presenting my story very well, I ran out of time before a meeting with our pastor. But...I have never promised excellent or even clear writing. I'm a top of brain person, I try to edit for understanding - but in the end what you get is what you get.

6) I'm hoping no hopping (why can I not get that straight in my head - one P is to Hope and two P's are to Hop - right - Dave?) off my soapbox and back into my seriously unimportant day - and if I'm lucky something funny will happen and I can relay it here.

4 comments:

Peter's Raccoon Friend's Unquiet Ghost said...

Yeah, jerk, at least have the courage and decency to post in your own name!

tp_gal said...

YOU CRACK ME UP

PNB Dave said...

Yes, one P in hope/hoping and two in hop/hopping.

Anonymous posters are why the internets suck. If everyone had to take responsibility for what s/he said, as we do in real life, I think online discussion would be of a much higher caliber.

Doug said...

It wasn't me!