Pages

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

TP needs to get over it!



Feeling strangely isolated. There are lots of wonderful wedding things going on and lots of stuff in the works but I’m feeling like the normal summer stuff is on hold.


Usually in July I get up to Becky’s (sisters) cabin for a wonderful weekend of too much wine, too much sun and swimming. This year it just isn’t working out. MAJOR BUMMER. Jason needs the back deck fire experience after a day on the beach – maybe next year.


I usually get to Portland to visit June and the gang and that too looks like it isn’t likely. There are only 3 weekends not accounted for this summer and one is my birthday.


As you know I LOVE MY birthday, but this year there will be no fuss. Jason is still on the hook to come up with something for the two of us to do that day/weekend – but my wonderful friends and family are doing so much for us this year that a birthday thing is wrong.


We do have some great non-wedding things planned. Yaz planned a concert in the park with Duran Duran. Well, technically she didn’t plan it, she found out they were coming and made sure we got our act together to get tickets. That will be fun.


My college roommate Andrew is turning 40 and having a BBQ where we are supposed to drag out our most wonderful (and potentially horrific) stories about Andy. My only issue is that there will be kids at this party and my best Andy stories are not appropriate for small ears. How to clean up a story with the punch line “So, I guess this is what they call boning the dog” I don’t think it can be done.


Finally, there is a Long Beach trip planned for mid August. This might be the most anticipated (non-wedding related) event of the season. We’ve rented cabins on the beach approach and I’ve called in favors to have good weather. It’s the weekend before the International Kite Festival (where every hotel, motel, camp site and roadside turnout is packed with people) so the chances are good that we’ll have spectacular weather.


Ok ok… I need to quit bitching. It’s going to be a busy and fun summer ending with the biggest party I’ve ever thrown. Which, if you’re keeping track (and why wouldn’t you) is only 102 days away.

No comments: