Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Who has the power?

I guess it is time to confess that I purchased the new 3GS iPhone. It wasn’t a planned purchase, but one we had talked about. We found ourselves at the mall Sunday with time to spare and there were only four people in line outside the Apple store. Jason and I jumped in line to buy a new phone.

I can tell the new phone is faster, my random web searches for useless information (such as ‘find the nearest X’ goes much quicker than before. The space for stuff is also greatly improved, I’m very happy with my 6736 songs and 500 some pictures. It is a sleeker, more jazzed up version of the original phone that I loved from day one.

The phone has been mine for three days now, and already I’ve had an issue. The power charger that lives in my travel bag is not compatible with the new phone. How terribly sad to discover this while in San Jose. I am now recharging the phone at work using a borrowed cable and will do it again tomorrow. I had a moment of panic when I plugged the phone in last night and the little message popped up “Charging is not possible with this device” or “You’re going to have no phone for the next three days, bwahahahaha! Love, Apple”

Jason and I had to have our nightly phone call on *gasp* the land line. It was horrid, I was trapped near the wall and couldn’t roam around the room while we talked.

With a full charge and the knowledge that I can’t recharge until tomorrow I’ll be fine. I’ll have to skip my hours of solitaire or skeetball that I like to play on the phone, but I suppose opening my book will be the entertainment I enjoy for the next few days.

No comments: