Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

we also ran into

In addition to the funny and awkward encounter with the Architect (we live in the same general area, I'm surprised that it actually hasn't happened before) Jason and I ran into Janie and her husband John at the mall yesterday.

So, while Jason and I were purchasing his wedding gift from me the sales lady was trying to compete with the quick 15 minute catch up between Janie and myself. It's funny how old friends can do the rapid fire talking in half sentences and completely get up to speed on everything that's going on.

We all had a big laugh about running into whatshisface. Last night we were at the 40th birthday party for a college chum, and had a nice time. The only bummer was missing the (what I hear is) super fun school auction for Becky's son. It's a private school so they don't have hangups about wine with dinner. Sounds like a smart way to get the pocketbooks open.

I'm excited about the wedding gift for Jason - a fabulous watch. We picked it up yesterday, but he doesn't get it just yet. We still have 97 days to go - so I've got it hidden in the same place as my veil, wedding shoes and (eek) special wedding undergarments. I am somewhat looking for the wedding to be over to gain back some closet space. Somewhat... I'm totally enjoying the anticipation.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

Ask me about my high school's auctions sometime.