Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sunshine comes at a price

I ate lunch outside today in the sunny 83 degree heat.  It is a nice thing to sit in the shade and eat my cafeteria lunch, but it's not as good as being at home and having lunch with Jason and his grumpy co-worker Bob.
 
Part of my issue is that I'm a bit anti-social and I haven't warmed up to the FTE's (full time employees) here.  They are nice people, but since I'm a consultant there is risk in getting to know me.  Plus, sometimes I'd rather eat and catch up on the news, facebook or whatever entertainment my iPhone offers for the day.  Today it was an article on Ed McMahaon and the complex reasons behind why the chief medical guy for the department of corrections resigned over executions.  (I don't quite understand how that slips by you, but I will admit i didn't read the article too closely.)
 
So, I'm in the sun but wishing I was home.  Today is a long day with the alarm going off at 4:00 am and my flight at 6:25 a.m.  we have a team meeting at 5pm until 7pm which means I won't hit the hotel until at least 7:30.  Blar.
 
At least the day goes by fast. 

--
Terri

No comments: