Pages

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Patience

I think I've said (whined) before that waiting is not my strong suit.

I'm trying to grow in this area and pay attention to the things that matter and be ok when the answer is no.

I mentioned that Jason and I put an offer on a house and it didn't work out. It was VERY disappointing and dare I say heartbreaking. The positive outcome is that we are in a stronger place about what it is we want and are solidly on the same page about how to get there. The next go-round will be more business and less "heart". I'll pour my heart into our future home when we have passed a few more hurdles. (Somewhere between offer acceptance and closing.) Next time, I won't jump to furniture placement and paint colors before the escrow & title people are hard at work.

I received a wonderful phone call today from a friend in the Risk Management space, whom I met through MegaBank and other security activities. We connected on a professional level and more importantly on a personal level. It was great to catch up with her to hear how things are going with her business (amazing!) and to share all my fun news. We talked on all topics and the door is open for a closer professional relationship down the road. No promises, no announcements, but a door is open. The exercise in patience is waiting for the door to open at the right time for both of us.

On a personal level, the waiting for 9/19 is like hearing the ice cream truck but not seeing it. I've got my change in my hand and ready to enjoy my NuttyBuddy but I have to wait for the truck to get to my block. I'm looking forward to the pre-wedding activities and am focusing on soaking up every moment. I accidentally referred to Jason as my husband at the dentist yesterday. I had to correct and call him my "almost-husband." EEK

It was my dad's 70th birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday Daddy! We're throwing a BBQ Saturday in Granger and it seems like things are coming together well. We'll have sunny weather, people are coming and Dad and I will share a small slice of Costco Birthday Cake! (Everyone else can have a huge sugary slice, but Dad and I will split.) I'm looking forward to it and have hit the party store for some fun outdoor decorations. My assignment for today is to get some water guns to use as prizes for the whiffleball golf contest my mom and Uncle Ed have cooked up. (Water guns on an 80 degree day will be fun!)

So, I've deviated from the patience thing... but that's ok. This is my world and I'll write it how I want. (so there!) Stay cool people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Nutty Buddy is your pet-name for Jason? Or is that some new sexual reference?