Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Irony

While in San Jose I typically do not rent a car. This limits my dining choices to the company cafeteria for lunch and for dinner the five places in walking distance from my hotel. They are:

Subway

Red Brick Pizza

Chipolte Mexican Grill

Pho Ha (noodles)

Hawaiian BBQ

This is a reasonable selection and since I’m only here every other week or so I don’t get sick of them. But, today I’m in a meeting and the topic of lunch came up. The gang was deciding to either eat in the cafeteria or go out. I pushed for “out” seeking a bit of variety and to explore a new part of town that I might not find on my own.

I vetoed sushi as an option because rice is not a “terri-friendly” food and the team instead decided upon Mexican. I’m a fan of Mexican, and gosh – California should have some wonderful Mexican places. Imagine my sadness upon pulling into the parking lot of my hotel and entering the Chipolte Mexican Grill for lunch.

I’m thankful that I chose to have Subway last night instead of Chipolte…

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

Isn't "Pho Ha" the name of that song from Slumdog Millionaire?