Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Frequent flyer jerk-offs

Dear Alaska elite flyer,

Sir, it is obvious that you fly more frequently than the rest of us. Your 'elite' status on this airline was hard earned by logging thousands of air miles. The airline appreciates your business and offers you lots of perks such as upgrades, discounts and early
boarding for flights.

To be honest I don't begrudge your premium seat assignments or your guaranteed overhead storage for your too big carry on. You earned it.

However! Your early boarding privileges end the moment they start to board the rest of us on the flight. If you are late to the gate wait your damn turn.

Pushing through the crowd of people patiently waiting to board yelling "I'm MVP" makes you look like the ass you are.

Remember this jerk face: Show up on time or don't cut the line!!!

Thank you for your understanding.

- Terri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Non-Elite Flyer,

I understand how you feel. A few years ago I too had to wait in the cattle call line while I watched people jump to the front due to their elite status. Unfortunately, those are the breaks. Hopefully you will get to travel frequently enough that the status on your ticket reads MVP, and when it does, I'm sure you'll be happy to invoke your new found status to cut the line. Trust me, it's intoxicating.

But, until that day, know that I'll arrive later than you and be on the plane before you.

Sincerely,
Always the head of the line.

PNB Dave said...

You should have responded to his "I'm M.V.P.!" by stepping in front of him, blocking his way, and saying, "So? I'm T.L.P., and you're S.O.L.!"

I would have paid a shiny quarter to see that.